Sunday, May 25, 2008

Reminiscence of a not-too-old man

Thanks Joel, for pointing out my error. Amended the previous post to what i think is a better flow of events.

-----------------------------------------

Why this post? cuz i suddenly felt that i'm the luckiest person on earth....after watching the fundraising show on tv......to anyone that i've not explicitly mentioned, you are always on my mind (to the tune of Elvis Presley song)....hahahaha...told you i'm ancient.

Had dinner with Daniel, Andrew and Damien last fri at Imperial Treasure at Taka last friday. While ordering, i asked the lady who's taking our order 'How much is the Roast Duck?', think the rest was kinda of embarassed by this question. And Daniel started laughing and buried his face behind the menu. I agree that it may not be the most appropriate qn to ask, but its just that price paid and utility must match. Daniel very nicely treated us to the meal. (but with his obscene pay cheque, i think he should too...hahaha...)

I must say that i'm a really lucky guy. Throughout my past 23 years i've been blessed with people who are caring and there to give. In primary school, i have a form teacher, Ms Chan, who truly cared. In secondary school, Mrs Razal and my awesome 3/4 class have always made me feel at home, and JSS choir helped me learn and grow . Junli and Chong Long have often

In JC, once again i'm surrounded with great people who are there to support one another. Guoyi allowed me to bug him non-stop with math questions. Jianen, Ivan and gang who helped me with physics, and the sporty bunch (Wei Tien, Arthur and such) will encourage me to run my last 2 more rounds by running with me though they have 'met their quotas'. Awesome people. Then there's the whole choir family, who gave me some of my fondest memories of my JC days.

In army, i hated BMT. I have never been able to take orders well if i can't see the rationale behind it, plus i'm really turn off by all the screaming and scolding. We are all human beings, capable of communication, why then does every sentence ends with a knn or fcuk? But when i was posted to the super ulu Sungei Gedong Camp, as an armoured engineer, my life changed. I stayed with a bunch of 'hokkien soldiers', and had a hard time adapting to the new environment. BUT they helped me get into the way to the unit, and accepted all my weirdness and pet peeves. (including wrapping my face with the green towel after they come back from their smoke break, or scolding anyone who sits on my bed before showering, or singing in the corridors...adnd the list goes on.) People like Guoyong, Daniel, Soon Lee are people you know you can TRUST if you are in a dire situation. Many times i feel that the so called less educated are of higher calibre than most uni students. They rarely overpromise, and dun bullshit others. Looking forward to meeting them again next month during ICT, yipee!

In SMU, life is GREAT! i get to study what i like, and get to stretch my mind and meet awesome people. People like Daniel, Roy, Damien, Andrew, Qinq da, Shakeeb, makes my days in school mugging an really enjoyable one. Being in E.y.E for over a year also allowed me to meet my extended family, Xin Hong, Zhao Bin, Joel (oh he say i very 'dao' in year one), Jun Bin, Jeremy, Angie, Pris and Myint. Once again they accepted me for all my quirkiness and made me feel at home.

Singing in the Alumni Choir allows me to relax and unwind every saturday. I'm so so proud of what we have achieved. It was first started of as an idea in 2002, and now we get to sing in Esplanade! Even though some of you have sang there before, but to me this was different. We are there becaused we have prepared ourselves for this opportunity for the past 3/4 years. Gotta thank Peiying for doing the thankless job of chairwoman, chee guan for brining the juniors in, for being so reliable and for being equivalent of 30 basses. Nad for enduring with my 'scooping' and wandering notes, Jie Min for being brave enough to conduct us even though i know you are not very comfortable with that. Geok for raising the spirit of the whole choir. To all my 02/03 batch pple (Jiechao, Ryan, Liping, Xiangji), we're still here and standing strong! And to all the young(er) ones, love to have you here to lower the average age of the choir, and to be so bubbly that it hard not to feel happy around you all! i'm looking forward to watch Avenue Q with u guys too!

My parents are the most wonderful people in the world! My dad, though he doesn't say cares deeply about me. His little act of kindness, like switching on the lights in the living rm if i'm not home yet or to help me iron my clothes, touched me deeply. My ever effervescent mom will always support me in whatever i do. They have unyielding faith in me and i love and respect them for all that they've done and who they are.

I once told Angie that i dun quite like human beings. But from the long long list of people i've mentioned and not mentioned, i realise that it simply isn't true. I still hate phonies and dishonest fools, but there's just so many great people out there that i cherished that i must reverse my stand. I love great people, but still hate phonies.

haha...enough ramblings for one post. may post something more intelligent soon.

4 comments:

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

Do you need a loan to pay off your bill or in need of financial help with a loan you can contact us now for a loan if you are serious in getting it surely we will help you out via Email {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

Anonymous said...

My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

Mrs Sharon Sim said...

Do you need a loan to pay off your bill or in need of financial help with a loan you can contact us now for a loan if you are serious in getting it surely we will help you out via Email {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

Unknown said...

My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)