Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Snowball




Warren Buffett's authorised biography written by Alice Schroeder will be out tmrw! The publishing house has posted a interview with the author on Youtube. At 976 pages, it details the personal side of Buffett, his insecurities, and mistakes in life. 



Financial Times posted an excerpt of the book here. For some reason, i couldn't view the full article the second time around without registering. Nevertheless, the first reading has piqued my interest enough to decide to 'reward' myself by reading this book for the rest of tuesday afternoon after my AFA quiz. Hope MPH will the the book in place tmrw.   

I've not felt this excited about a new book since Harry Potter! 

All righty, back to slaying the AFA and MS monster , before i can find peace and sit down and read interesting stuff again. 

I must find the middle path between incessant focus and balance.





The Tale of Icarus

Icarus, I advise you to take a middle course.
If you fly too low, the sea will soak the wings;
If you fly too high, the sun's heat will burn them.
Fly between sea and sun!
Take the course along which I shall lead you.

作中庸,乃孔伋。中不偏,庸不易。~ 三字经
 

1 comment:

Jesse Boland said...

I hadn't read about this book yet. Thanks for a timely post, I'm going to go preorder the book from Amazon right now.

Thanks,
Jesse Boland
Team Building For Entrepreneurs