Friday, January 9, 2009

Ivey



3rd day of school today. It was great fun for the past few days. You guys who read this blog probably know that my notion of fun is rather odd, doing financial ratios are fun, balancing balance sheets are fun, getting AFA analytical checks are fun. Haha.

For Jan, my lessons would start at 8 and lasts all the way to 5 with some breaks in between. On NOT SNOWY days, i walk to school with Jacques (i think that's how to spell it), he's 66 and he struts across the snow with ease, and this poor chinese guy is trying to catch up constantly. Haha. I think that's the way to not get fat here, cuz Anita cooks the best soup and i'll have them at 7pm after i have dinner at 5 pm in school. I'm like having 5-6 meals; not all those mini-meals by the way, so getting REAL fat is a high probability event. Anita n Jacques rented their basement room to me, equipped with TV, microwave, fridge, boiler, bed WITH linens, and they are the sweetest couple in the world.







I'm doing 6 modules here, and students here told me that i've picked 2 of the most hardcore electives here - Derivatives, and Value Investing. I enjoyed my first 2 lessons. Instead of 'teaching' you the equations so you can just 'plug it in' (aka my "beloved FIIM" class in SMU), the professor here starts with very simple numerical examples, then build on it with more assumptions and scenarios, and at the end of the lesson, he'll 'generalise' the examples into equations. So if one is able to do the examples, he'll be able to understand the intuition behind the formulas. Wicked.





Posting pictures up on the blog is a real pain. And i have 2-3 business case to read each night, before the lesson next day. SO posting in January will be sloooowww. Once my mid term exam is done, I'll be left with 4 modules, of which there's only 1 exams. But January will be tough, cuz i'll have 4 exams in late Jan, and its pretty heavy weight...the courses, not me. Haha. Here's some pictures i took in school today. Its snowing, but not too windy, abt -4 degrees...so its considered warm. Haha.


that's supposed to be the ivey bldg behind my overexposed face

i think this is one of the oldest building in University of Western Ontario, where Ivey is situated in.
my eyes are like two slits, gotta learn how to open them....hahaha....



Time to go read my cases for tmrw! Oh ya, daylight saving means i sleep more!!!

Eat, read, sleep - my type of life :)

No comments: