Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mexico Trip

My 2 weeks mexico trip was the most amazing trip i've taken so far. Within the short span of 2 weeks, we covered a HUGE distance, and visited some of the most amazing ancient ruins, beautiful cities untainted by macdonalds and starbucks....and tourists, and some of the very beautiful natural wonders of the world.






This trip across mexico was organised by GAP Adventures and led by our very competent tour leader - Rebecca. Our group consists of pple from Australia, Denmark, Switzerland, UK, New Zealand, Czech, France, Brazil and Slovenia. My tour group is simply fantastic. I miss them already. haha.

My arrival at Mexico is pretty exciting. My flight from Toronto to Washington was overbooked, so we waited for people to be bumped around to other time slots. Then in Washington, the plane that we are supposed to take had one control panel down, the pilot is not willing to take off (phew...) so we waited 4 hrs for another plane. Finally arrived at Mexico City near mid night and guess what? my luggage didn't arrive. It was still in Washington. Lukily, i have all my important stuff with me with 2 days worth of clothes. See, diversification is super important. The airline promised to deliver it to mexico on the next flight in from Washington. Haha. One of my tour mates joked that it is possible that my bag will always be one day behind me as we move around every 1-2 days. Luckily it arrived on the following night.


One of the most breathtaking ruins that we visit is the one at Teotihuacan. The scale of the city and the Till this day, we don't know who built this city and why was it abandoned. There are thesis, but none could be verified.




The abv pix is the Pyramid of the Sun (viewed from the Pyramid of the Moon).


There no wonder why the view from the Pyramid of Sun is breathtaking. You could see every one trying to catch their breath after getting all the way to the top of the pyramid.



I would really love to write more about my trip and this amazing experience. But my left eye (ya. the sleepy one) is closing on its own now.

I've uploaded my pics in Mexico City, Puebla and Oaxaca on Facebook.

Does anyone know how to let people view pictures on Facebook without account?

No comments: