Sunday, June 8, 2008

For Good

I'm listening to the recording of Wicked again. Thank you Guowei for passing me the score to the song "For Good", and hope u could defy gravity some day too. The song makes me think of all the great pple in my life that makes me a better person, and accepting me despite all my short comings.

Lyrics

GLINDA:
I've heard it said
that people come into our lives
for a reason
bringing something we must learn
and we are led to those
who help us most to grow
if we let them and we help them in return

Well I don't know if I believe that's true
but I know I'm who I am today because I knew you...

like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun,
like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you I have been changed for good

ELPHABA:
It well may be that
we will never meet again
in this lifetime
so let me say before we part:
so much of me is made of what I learned from you
you'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart
now whatever way our stories may end
I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend

Like a ship blown from it's mooring by a wind off the sea
like a seed dropped by a sky bird in a distant wood
who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you... I have been changed for good

GLINDA
Because I knew you...
BOTH
I have been changed for good
ELPHABA
And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness for what you blame me for...
GLINDA
Well I guess there is blame to share...
BOTH
And none of it seems to matter anymore
GLINDA (same time as Elphaba)
Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun, like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
ELPHABA (same time as Glinda)
Like a ship blown off it's mooring by a wind off the sea, like a seed dropped by a skybird in the wood
BOTH
Who's to say if I've been changed for the better?
GLINDA
because I knew you,
ELPHABA
because I knew you
BOTH
I have been changed for good

For Good (original song)


For Good (rehearsal)


--------------------------------------------------

Xin Hong, I'm so glad that you'll be meeting up with Third Avenue next week. All the best. I really admire you for all that you've done to be a better investor. I'll gladly buy 10% of you.

Jie Chao, i salute you for your courage in facing your Strategy paper this Wed with less than a week of preperation when you realise its the best option right now. Jia You!!!
--------------------------------------

I'm blown away when reading Jie Chao's book on Mr Bon Bon with regards to the philosopher's notion of Knowledge, Understanding and Being. I may never really comprehend it enought to write about it. But have you ever wonder why when you read something exactly the same over the span of a few years, and yet why you feel diffent, or didn't see things that way in the past? In essence its a discussion on such issues. To me its a little to 'chim'. Haha.


Thank you all for being around me.

No comments: