Saturday, November 29, 2008

What is this feeling...

Exams are finally over! This is my most shiong semester ever. I think that AT and AFA is a deadly combo, should be taken with care. I'm most uncertain about the outcome of my essay based exams. The two numerical ones are just off. AFA would depends on how much prof gives us marks for 'workings'. For MS, the finals is so freakin easy that in a course the 'bells' the students, mid terms will become the determining factor....n i didn't do well in midterms....haiz...

On a positive note, i am truly grateful for my experience in Accounting Theory. It opens my mind to new ideas, new realities and possibly, new definition of 'true and fair' that accountants hold so dear to. I also realize how inadequate my abilities to read, write, and speak are. If i can't express my thoughts, how will the other party understand what i intend to say.

Thankful to all those people who helped me tremendously this sem, xin hong, chin ta, shakeeb, say wai, wen xiang and many more.... I hope we all do well.

Reading jie chao's post on the futility of exams makes me a little sad. I agree with his general idea that exams tells us little about how a person will perform when given a task. But i think that to a limited sense, it shows the discipline, mental curiosity and work ethics a person has. Furthermore, in the SMU where a subject that can be taught over a year is taught in 14 three hours seminar, to do well, one must learn 'how to learn'. If someone is equipped with the right skills to learn, one can evolve and adapt to the ever changing environment. What we learn in schools have a useful life of probably 4-6 years after graduation anyway. So have the right perspective and attitude towards learning is what i've gained most over the past 3 years.

Time to apply some more financial institutions in hope of getting some internship opportunities next summer. Given the current nationalization of banks, i wonder what the future of the financial market will look like....

To all my friends applying for internships, ALL THE BEST! 

so tired....i am.....rather lost....sleep....

No comments: